Monday, February 24, 2014

APPLIQUE TRICK his and hers bedside tables



 Im sharing the secret to my nightstand embellishments,
and how the look can bring two pieces together.




These fancy bits are solid brass and came from a broken mirror frame.


I removed the original front bottom piece of this nightstand and installed a new
piece of wood as well as new legs. 



Then with a pencil traced out the area I wanted cut, so it marched the line of the scrolls.


Next I cut with the jigsaw and sanded the edges smooth.


Because these embellishments are made of metal I had to pre-drill for my nails.



This set of bedside tables started as two different pieces but with similar style.


I brought them together using the same legs, the same pulls, and the same embellishments.


 

You can find side by side before and after pic here.


No comments:

Post a Comment