Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weekend Find Cane Chair

If you follow my instagram feed @sarahmdorseydesigns you might of seen this neat little chair found at a consignment shop ...


Love the caning and the interesting lines, but the upholsterys time has past. There was so much dust when removing the fabric and foam that I think Im going to replace the foam as well and nix the tufting.


Here it is after demo - its kinda hard to see in the photo, but the wood has a weird speckled finish, so I plan to paint as well. Luckily the caning is in great shape!


I am thinking of using this white Waverly fabric (actually very white, instagram darkened it up) with Scotch Guard, but am having second thoughts ... does any have any experience with that on a piece that isnt used everyday?

Im off to prime and paint!

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure you can find good solutions for all your ideas on http://www.woodprix.com!!!!!

    ReplyDelete